Re: [ELPA] New package: denote-menu

From: Mohamed Suliman
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: denote-menu
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 13:29:18 +0000

> Sounds very nice, but I wonder if it wouldn't be nicer to integrate it
> directly into the `denote` package so users don't need to install this
> additional package.

That was my initial thought, but I think that the purpose of the denote
package is for note creation. How a user chooses to view their notes is
up to them. I think including this in denote would (implicitly) impose a
viewing method and so that's why I've decided to make denote-menu a
standalone package.

I'd be interested to hear what Prot (denote's maintainer) thinks about
its inclusion...