Re: server.el test failures (was: Re: bug#9800: Incomplete truncated fil

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: server.el test failures (was: Re: bug#9800: Incomplete truncated file buffers from the /proc filesystem)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:31:32 -0800

On 2/26/2023 12:29 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:
Although I see a patch has been installed for that segfault, I'm still seeing a server-tests.el failure of the original kind with SIGIO, this time on a faster (though by no means bleeding edge) machine (a Xeon W-1350) running Ubuntu 22.10 with current patches. This is with current master (commit 8797e514ab68c12ed05d3af88e6baba64bf08f4d).

The SIGIO symptom this time contains a few more details, perhaps because Ubuntu's shell is chattier than Fedora's:

I've tried running these tests several times in various configurations, and I just can't reproduce it locally no matter what I do (on Linux Mint). Do you still see this failure if you run "make -C test server-tests"? That might help narrow down which test(s) are causing the SIGIO. If that doesn't help, maybe just try commenting out some of the tests in server-tests.el to see which ones are failing?

Sorry that's not very helpful on its own, but if we can narrow down where the issue is, I can take a stab at fixing it.