Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 08:06:34 +0800

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> This should be doable by having two build directories, but only one
> copy of the Gnulib source should be needed. The two build directories
> would have different config.h files. You'd run 'configure' twice (or
> have two 'configure' files if you want to be fancier). That sort of
> thing.

They do, yes, but the problem is the C compiler doesn't understand GNU
make vpath directives, so the includes in lib/ are:

  -I$(srcdir) -I.

while the includes in cross/src/lib are:

  -I$(top_srcdir)/lib -I$(srcdir) -I.

and as a result, when a file in -I$(top_srcdir)/lib then includes:

  #include "stdio.h"

it gets the stdio.h in lib, and not cross/lib, leading to silent
problems later on.

Thanks.