Re: Merging feature/android

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 17:34:22 +0000

On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 2:20 PM Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:

>     Robert>     Po Lu> Do you see the clangd problem on master as well?
>
>     Robert> I do now, although I could have sworn it wasnʼt failing earlier.
>
>     Robert>     Po Lu> I have a feeling this is some problem with clangd, but
> it reliably
>     Robert>     Po Lu> crashes for me while running this test.
>
>     Robert>     Po Lu> This is:
>
>     Robert>     Po Lu>   clangd version 15.0.0 (Fedora 15.0.0-3.fc37)
>
>     Robert> Debian clangd version 11.0.1-2
>
>     Robert> here. Looks like itʼs an issue on master, I see if I can bisect.
>
> OK, so on master originally this test used rust, and was skipped on my
> system, but now itʼs using clangd, and failing. João, any ideas?
> Should we just add a clangd version test to
> `eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code'?

Hello,

Took me quite a while of rummaging to figure out what you are
talking about here.  Consider changing the subject line or
adding a bit more context next time.

_If_ I understand correctly, Robert, your run of
eglot-test-diagnostic-tags-unnecessary-code is failing
because of a face mismatch, presumably because only
clangd-11 is installed in your system, but if you install
a more recent clangd it goes away?  If so, yes, I think a
version check is appropriate, yes.

João