Re: Grammar checking

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Grammar checking
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 07:10:22 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Agree. I can also see several related bug reports in their repo.
>> The question is though whether "not bad" is good enough and who is to
>> decide what is good enough for Emacs.
>
> We get to decide that.  Who else?

I was hoping to hear the criteria you have about good enough grammar
checking.

>> I'd be happy if Emacs had a good integrated grammar checking support. Is
>> there anything else I can help to move this thread forward?
>
> Provide a Lisp package to integrate LanguageTool into Emacs in a
> convenient way?

What is "convenient"? Is there particular must-have functionality?
Should it be ispell integration? flyspell?

Probably not the latter as it is word-based.
Though ispell.el also appears to rely on word-based paradigm in the
code.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,