Re: treesit indentation "blinking"

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: treesit indentation "blinking"
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 19:04:42 +0100

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 6:51 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com>
> > Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 18:23:57 +0100
> > Cc: Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
> >       theodor thornhill <theo@thornhill.no>, geza.herman@gmail.com,
> >       Daniel Colascione <dancol@dancol.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org, Dmitry
> > Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> >
> > So you'd tone down electric-indent-chars, but that's been turned
> > down.
>
> Doing that _by_default_ was turned down.  Users can still do that in
> their mode hooks if they want.  So nothing is lost, since this seems
> to be heavily affected by personal preferences and by whether or not
> electric-pair-mode is turned on.

I am precisely talking about the default state of c++-ts-mode.
I don't think there is anyone who really likes it at the moment.
This is regardless of personal preference w.r.t. electric indentation:
c++-mode's default state in that area is much more consistent.

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe when these bugs are fixed, stock/default
c++-ts-mode will be better.  Currently it is not so nice.

João