Re: Emacs 28.3 Release

From: lux
Subject: Re: Emacs 28.3 Release
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 00:31:53 +0800

On Wed, 2023-04-12 at 10:37 -0500, Troy Hinckley wrote:
Everything you said is correct, Jean. But I work at one of the major tech companies in the US with over 100,000 engineers. I have tried to argue with IT about their policies, but as you can image it makes no difference. They see high-severity CVE’s and won’t install it. And we are not the only company that has such policies. We have 1000’s of Emacs users here who can’t use the latest stable Emacs until 28.3 comes out. I am really appreciative of the effort that has been put in so far to get this version of Emacs out. I hope we can make this release soon.

Hi Tory

    The main change in Emacs 28.3 is to fix known vulnerabilities. If urgency, I think also you can self-compile Emacs 28.3 or Emacs 29?