Re: Git snafu

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Git snafu
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 15:44:14 +0300

> Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 14:13:50 -0700
> From: Jim Porter <jporterbugs@gmail.com>
> Cc: eliz@gnu.org
>
> In fact, we can do something even simpler than that: just set the config
> option "user.useConfigOnly" to true. See attached. Does this look ok to
> everyone?

How do we know no one is using several email accounts, and would like
to avoid the annoyance of being prompted by Git?

In general, I don't think we should introduce non-trivial restrictions
just because someone makes a rare mistake.  It isn't worth the
potential fallout and annoyance of people who know what they are
doing, IMO.

Thanks.