Re: Extending timeclock.el

From: Mike Kupfer
Subject: Re: Extending timeclock.el
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 15:10:28 -0700

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> As for the "clock-out" issue: like I said, time trackers used for
> tracking work activities do have both 'o' and 'O'.  The former means
> "end of workday",

Well, timeclock also uses 'o' with timeclock-change, as in

i 2023/04/25 10:49:35 task1
o 2023/04/25 11:10:15
i 2023/04/25 11:10:17 task2
o 2023/04/25 11:45:41
i 2023/04/25 11:45:44 task3
o 2023/04/25 12:10:33
i 2023/04/25 12:10:35 task2
o 2023/04/25 12:35:14

(This is an excerpt from my timelog file, with the task names
genericized.)

I think the multi-second gaps between "o" and "i" are from timeclock
writing the "o" line and then prompting for the new task name.  It seems
like timelock could get the new task name first, and then write out the
"o" and "i" lines with the same timestamp.

mike