Re: Extending timeclock.el

From: Mike Kupfer
Subject: Re: Extending timeclock.el
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 09:44:35 -0700

Mike Kupfer wrote:

> Well, timeclock also uses 'o' with timeclock-change

I got an off-list reply to this from Davis Herring <herring@lanl.gov>.
Davis has some technical difficulties posting to emacs-devel, so I'm
posting some excerpts here, in case anyone would like to follow up with
him.

Davis wrote:

> Since we're talking about extending timeclock: I rewrote
> timeclock-change years ago to emit a single "c" line rather than have an
> "o" with no reason and an "i" (with a different time).  Part of the
> reason for this was to reduce the time spent reading the file: mine
> covers several years of work and is 30k lines with "c"s.
>
> Obviously I'd be glad to contribute this if anyone else cares for it.

He also thought that "c" might be a better fit for the track-everything
workflow.

mike