Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: devil

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: devil
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 09:19:55 -0700

On 5/10/2023 11:33 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Please reconsider, I think this name is very unfortunate, because it
gives users no clue whatsoever about the package's purpose.

How about something like "devil-keys"? That should make it clear that the package has something to do with keys. It doesn't tell exactly what it *does* with those keys, but I think a more-detailed description belongs in the package description or the manual.

Within the package itself, I think it would be fine to refer to it as "Devil" (without the "-keys"), since once you're looking at the package in detail, the "keys" hint isn't needed anymore.