Re: Re: Change to `use-dialog-box-p'

From: Pedro A . Aranda Gutiérrez
Subject: Re: Re: Change to `use-dialog-box-p'
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 07:33:29 +0200

Eli writes,

> It's not a "behavior", it's a bug!  The behavior we will get with the
> change you suggest will surprise (and annoy) many more users!

This thread comes in quite timely. I was wondering whether there is a way to avoid GUI dialogs completely, even when you trigger a functionality from the menu. Simple example would be 'File'->'Save as'. Hidden files and directories are much easier accessed from the minibuffer than from the GUI. So sometimes it's describe-key for the menu-entry and then M-x the function and that's a bit convoluted from the user point-of-view.

Thx, /PA

PS: This might be an RTFM, but I hope it gives you more input in your discussion.