Re: [ELPA] New package: dict

From: Eshel Yaron
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: dict
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 12:52:55 +0300

Hi,

I'm attaching a slightly updated patch to dictionary.el.  The only
change wrt to my previous patch is that `dictionary-match-word` now uses
the new `external-completion-table` from Emacs 29 instead of
`completion-table-dynamic` to allow leveraging arbitrary matching
strategies that the dictionary server provides.

For example, we can now set `dictionary-default-strategy` to the
"soundex" matching strategy that dict.org provides to get completion
candidates that sound similar to the minibuffer input (such as "tail",
"tale" and "tell").

I've also rebased onto master branch to avoid conflicts in etc/NEWS.