Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 14:54:05 +0200

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> I would like to be able to control Info and Help buffers from other buffers,
> lessen switch between windows.

Hi Arthur,

I like this.  I'm often reading some documentation while testing things
into the current buffer so I think I would be a great addition.  I'm
testing your patch now (and will report any issue if needed).

As a potential future user, I have some comments/requests:

     - Could it be extend to Man buffers?  I think it would even be more
       useful than *Help* buffers which are short most of the time (or
       maybe it is just me).

     - Is it possible to have repeat mode for this?  So one could do
       "C-h M-i SPC SPC SPC DEL" to browse some info pages.

     - Could we have a "umbrella" keybinding that does this for some
       common denominator functions the other "documentation" buffer
       (be it *info*, *Help* or a man page)?

Best regards,
--
Manuel Giraud