Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 10:04:21 +0100

On Thu, Sep 7, 2023 at 9:23 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> Agreed on both counts.  I'm just saying that if we decide to have a
> slightly less ideal solution, we can.  Having built-in support for
> Clojure is more important than having an ideal solution for that.

Fully agree.  Let's give the NonGNU modes time do ponder and if it
doesn't work out, I think a from-scratch solution is the way to go.  If
it comes to that, I can help develop the minimal prototype I presented
into something with decent fontification and possibly also interoperation
with heavier packages like CIDER (with or without that package's
cooperation).

> > By the way, do we have a feature that can autoload major modes
> > that are in GNU ELPA?  I think one is needed.
>
> What do you mean by "autoload major modes that are in GNU ELPA"?
> Emacs will autoload any mode which is installed on the local computer,
> either as part of Emacs or downloaded and installed via package.el.
> If you meant something else, please elaborate.

If I had to guess, I think Richard means something similar to what
Philip was suggesting, something that could be described as perhaps
be described as autoinstall (from GNU ELPA).

João