Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 17:56:35 -0400

> Making different things 'eq' is a possibility, but won't it
> slow down 'eq'?

No need to use the future tense: if you're using a recent enough Emacs
your `eq` is slowed down by this already.

> I didn't say it was :-) I just meant cases like this (this is the
> simplest one)
>
>    (defun foo () bar bar baz)
>
> Only the first bar and the baz gets the warning.

AFAIK this is done on purpose to avoid repeating the same warnings over
and over again.  If you want them all, it should be easy to tweak the
compiler to stop silencing the non-first ones.

        Stefan