Re: c-ts-mode

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: c-ts-mode
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:15:00 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> It is great that Emacs is able to leverage the power of third party libs
>> and tools, but I think this should not come at the expense of built in
>> functionality.  Of course the rant above was a rhetoric exaggeration,
>> but still it is perhaps something to keep in mind when designing for the
>> future.
>
> We always keep that in mind.

I know you do.  My ranting would probably have been best left unwritten.

Case in point: while updating to Emacs 29, I converted all init code to
use the new use-package macro.

There was stuff from 10+ years back I had not actually used in ages.
Nonetheless, almost everything worked flawlessly in Emacs 29.

It feels impossible to witness anything like this with any other piece
of software.

Thanks,
Petteri