Re: master 11f10dc0d0b: Update etc/rgb.txt from X.Org upstream

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 11f10dc0d0b: Update etc/rgb.txt from X.Org upstream
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:49:25 +0800

> While using portable colors is a concern, it seems orthogonal.  X.Org
> ships with these colors, and as things stand, nothing is stopping them
> from being used.  We could perhaps recommend against using them, and
> not much else.

We shouldn't distribute non-standard color files in the first place:
users should have no occasion to use them, so the less places they are
mentioned or available in, the better.

> Reverting will mean that these colors won't work for users on some of
> our most commonly used platforms.  That's all.  Is it good practice to
> leave such things broken on some platforms, in the hope that it will
> be enough to provoke Emacs Lisp developers to fix it on some others?

Yes, since "web" colors are easily specified through their RGB values,
and "x11" colors are identical to their unprefixed progenitors.