Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 01:02:21 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> So I think having MANUAL-LANG.info files which are translations of
> MANUAL.info to the various languages LANG, and having them in the same
> single directory, is the best alternative, as its impact on existing
> code and distros is minimal, almost non-existent.

OK, then let's do it that way.

However, does that mean that, e.g. `ses-fr`, would always be listed, or
would it be listed only when using a French locale?  I imagine that most
users would never want to look at most foreign language manuals (they
typically speak only a few languages), so showing all translations risks
mostly getting in the way.