Re: Translation of manuals (was: SES manual French translation)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Translation of manuals (was: SES manual French translation)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 04:08:22 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:

>> We know of various ways a service can treat users unjustly
>> -- we call them "dis-services". But we don't have
>> a complete list of them.
>
> To clarify we use "dis-services" to refer to "services" that
> mistreat users, but we don't have a full list of the bad
> things that a service can do (twhich would make it
> a dis-service"). Coming up with that is a hard problem.

Maybe we can instead have a positive model that defines
a FOSS service?

To begin with it would run on free or open source
software, sure.

So people would be allowed to fork it, and run it on their own
servers, i.e. replicate and modify the service provided if
they saw reason to, be it to add something they wanted, or
remove something they didn't like? Or just do whatever they
liked to?

Wouldn't that be enough to say, this is a FOSS service?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal