Re: [ELPA] New package: jami-bot and org-jami-bot

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: jami-bot and org-jami-bot
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 22:31:43 -0500

  > While this is technically true, the capture functionality is only a hook
  > added to jami-bot. It would be very easy to "capture" messages into
  > plain text files or other formats with only a few lines of code and only
  > requiring jami-bot.

This might be "very easy" for someone who understands jami-bot, but it
is NOT as easy for a USER as simply using org-jami-bot.  Even if the
code to do so is rather simple, there is a big practical diffeence for
a user between "Just load this file" and "You need to write 50 lines
of code."

I'd like it to be _exactly_ very easy for a non-programmer.

Can you do this easy job, so that using jami-bot without Org is 100% as
easy as using it with Org?

  > However, with the latter I have not implemented any actual capture
  > feature, only the "glue" to Org mode's.

I don't understand this part at all.  What is a "capture" feature?
What does it do?  What does org-capture do?

I have never used Org mode.