Re: Possible minibuffer completion enhancements

From: Eshel Yaron
Subject: Re: Possible minibuffer completion enhancements
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 13:31:17 +0100

> Eshel Yaron <me@eshelyaron.com> writes:
>
>> Yeah, that makes sense.  There's a small bugfix that I'll try to send
>> later today, and I'll check the doc fixes to see if they're relevant.
>
> Sounds good.  Thanks in advance for your contributions.
>
>> I think a feature branch could be nice.  The changes are conceptually
>> orthogonal in the sense that each enhancement can be useful by itself,
>> but the code changes are not separated as some of them touch the same
>> areas of minibuffer.el.
>>
>> I can pick the relevant changes and create a tidy feature branch with
>> just these new minibuffer commands added on top of master, if that helps.
>
> That sounds like a good way to experiment with this feature, yes.

All right, I've created a new feature branch called
feature/minibuffer-completion-enhancements that you can find at:

git clone -b feature/minibuffer-completion-enhancements
https://git.sr.ht/~eshel/emacs

I've also requested access to push this branch to emacs.git on Savannah,
so people won't need to fetch from another Git remote to test it.  If
someone else wants to grab that branch and push it to emacs.git, that's
also fine by me.

Best,

Eshel