Re: Excessive use of `eassert`

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Excessive use of `eassert`
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 08:07:17 -0500

> I hope this set of patches speeds things up enough on debug builds that
> Stefan can get his work done. If not, there are other easserts we can tune
> or remove. (Or perhaps it'd be cheaper to buy Stefan a faster machine -
> I know I could use one....)

I already have the fastest machine I could find (within the constraints
of having a screen tall enough that I can work comfortably but such
that it still fits in my backpack).
The result is a Thinkpad T61 🙁

Also, since the slowdown is in Emacs itself (which is severely
single-threaded) and not in Emacs's build, even the very fastest CPUs
aren't so terribly faster 🙁

Furthermore it's not just "a faster machine" but "faster machines" since
I use about 4 different machines on a regular basis.

        Stefan