Re: LLM Experiments, Part 1: Corrections

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: LLM Experiments, Part 1: Corrections
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 20:17:44 -0800

All very good points, Kartik!

Some related thoughts below:

1. I think we should for now treat  prose-rewriting vs code-rewriting as
   separate flows -- but that said, limit our types of "flows"
   to 2. More might emerge over time, but it's too early.
2. Multi-step flows with LLMs are still early -- or feel early to me; I
   think that for now, we should just have human-in-the-loop at each
   step, but then leverage the power of Emacs to help the user stay
   efficient in the human-in-the-loop step, start with simple things
   like putting point and mark in the right place, populate Emacs
   completions with the right choices etc.