Re: cond* vs pcase

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: cond* vs pcase
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 12:32:25 +0700

On Wed, 7 Feb 2024 at 01:58, Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:

> Please don't be dishonest; My question was why cl-case was more
> appropriate than pcase, where both are macros that boil down to simpler
> primitives.

The design principle that Alfred alludes to is known as the [Rule of
Least Power][0]. That advocates using the least powerful construct
that still does the job. Like specialized mapcar instead of a
general-purpose while loop, or an http client instead of coding
directly against tcp sockets.

[0]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_least_power