Re: cond* vs pcase

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: cond* vs pcase
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 12:41:50 -0500

   I am not sure if Alfred meant that in his first message, perhaps he did, but
   Drew seems to be more in line with that thinking. At least I understand him
so.

I'm not alluding to any specific design principle, the core issue at
hand is communicating with the person reading the code.

The reason why we have ASSOC, ASSQ, ... are because they make it
_clear_, _easy_ to understand code and to _use_.  A generic version is
not as easy to understand, or use.  Which is also a reason why
keywords are generally eskewed in Emacs Lisp.

So no, it would not be much better to have one function to rule them
all ... we have LAMBDA, and we sure do now want to write Y combinators
all over the place.