Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:18:48 +0200

Ops, this was meant to be a private message to Philip as we were speaking about this matter earlier. My bad! (2 threads with more or less the same title)

On Mon, Feb 19, 2024, at 8:48 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 20:08:15 +0200
> From: "Bozhidar Batsov" <bozhidar@batsov.dev>
> Cc: "Emacs Devel" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>

> Btw, flymake-flycheck was created only because Joao wouldn't agree to provide Flycheck support in Eglot (I
> know this from the author of flymake-flycheck). The whole situation with Elgot was a classic example of the
> hostility in Emacs towards packages some maintainers dislike...
> (https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/issues/42)

To set the record straight: that issue is from 2018, full 4 years
before Eglot was added to Emacs.  So I don't see how any incident from
back then could be considered "a classic example of hostility in
Emacs".