Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:07:47 +0200

On 21/02/2024 20:05, Philip Kaludercic wrote:

We've discussed it. Such possibility exists.

Who is we?

People in this thread. Mostly in public, and just a tiny bit in private.

If we're going to make the implementation of it as a prerequisite for
merging, however, I imagine that's just not going to
happen. Flycheck's contributors will go back to their own bubble, and
we'll stay in ours.

As you might guess, I don't consider this a problem.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Before taking this step, can we please discuss the possibility of
creating a uniform interface?

That's orthogonal.

Not if the Flycheck maintainers have no interest, or are even opposed to
it.

Let's attract them with honey, shouldn't we?