Re: Code for cond*

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Code for cond*
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 11:42:56 -0500

   > On a slightly different topic, when will cond* be added/commited to
   > GNU Emacs?  Seeing that how cond* works, and documentation has
   > slightly materialized, it would be good to get some milage.

   FWIW, I'm opposed to adding it without first unifying the Pcase and
   `match*` pattern languages (including making sure that third party
   packages which define their own patterns don't need to define them
   separately for `pcase` and for `match*`).
   [ It's trivial to do by making `match*` reuse the Pcase machinery, so
     there is no serious obstacle for that.  ]

Would you like to do so?