Re: master babe6a5e948 1/2: Introduce a new TRAMP method `androidsu'

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master babe6a5e948 1/2: Introduce a new TRAMP method `androidsu'
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 17:02:16 +0800

> You are aware that Tramp is a package on its own, maintained outside the
> Emacs repository?

I was under the impression that maintainers of such packages are
expected to merge changes applied to Emacs at whatever frequency suits
them.  CC Mode and Org Mode both observe this protocol, for what it's
worth.

> I would have appreciated if you had contacted the maintainer prior
> pushing such substantial changes.  And you make it hard to decide,
> whether your (architectural) approach is best suited, now that it has
> landed already in Emacs master.  At least pushing to a separate branch
> would be required.  Even better, if this process happens in the Tramp
> repository.

OK, sorry.  However, we have until Emacs 30.1 to decide whether this
feature is ideal for Emacs, so there's no shortage of time.