Re: master babe6a5e948 1/2: Introduce a new TRAMP method `androidsu'

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: master babe6a5e948 1/2: Introduce a new TRAMP method `androidsu'
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:38:15 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

Hi,

> Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> FWIW, after a very very first look on your code I'm even not convinced
>> we need a new Tramp backend for what you want to achieve.
>
> Perhaps not, but at the very minimum a replacement for:
>
>   ;; Android su binaries contact a background service to
>   ;; obtain authentication; during this process, input
>   ;; received is discarded, so input cannot be
>   ;; guaranteed to reach the root shell until its prompt
>   ;; is displayed.
>   (with-current-buffer (process-buffer p)
>     (tramp-wait-for-regexp p tramp-connection-timeout
>                            "#[[:space:]]*$"))
>
> will be required during connection setup.  Thanks.

I will check the majority of the changes over the weekend. I'll be OOO
next two days.

For now, I've reviewed your changes in tramp-adb.el. In general they are
OK, except the check for tramp-androidsu-method in tramp-adb-send-command.
It doesn't make sense (we must special case also tramp-adb-method), so
I've reverted this. In general, even if we're going with your approach,
we must NOT produce spaghetti code. Using tramp-adb objects in
tramp-androidsu might be OK, but then not the other direction.

Best regards, Michael.