Re: I created a faster JSON parser

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: I created a faster JSON parser
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 16:21:06 +0200

> From: Herman, Géza <geza.herman@gmail.com>
> Cc: Géza Herman <geza.herman@gmail.com>,
>  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 15:00:09 +0100
>

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> How can we proceed further?  This is the current state of the
> >> patch:
> >> https://github.com/geza-herman/emacs/commit/ce5d990776a1ccdfd0b6d9c4d5e5e5df55245672.patch
> >
> > What about removing the dependency on jansson altogether?
>
> Unless it also turns out to be a serious bottleneck, I'm not too
> motivated to work on that.

That's a pity, because using jansson for part of the job and our own
code for the other part makes little sense to me.  So I hope you will
reconsider, because having our own JSON code is a very attractive
development for Emacs, it opens several possibilities for future
extensions that using an external library cannot.

> Based on Po Lu's comments, I added some parentheses, here's the
> latest version:

Thanks.