Re: I created a faster JSON parser

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: I created a faster JSON parser
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:39:20 +0100

"Herman, Géza" <geza.herman@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, but I don't understand.  If my parser puts roots in
> heap-allocated memory (that's true), and doesn't give such roots
> special attention (that's also true), then why is it probably safe?

Assumin GC doesn't run, nothing can happen.

For me personally, that assumption would be too dangerous. At one point,
Emacs' regexp engine made that assumption, GC did run, because of
something N levels down a call stack, GC compacted strings, and all that
was really nice to debug :-).

My 2 cents :-)