Re: master a739cab6637 2/2: ; * doc/lispref/display.texi (Image Descript

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master a739cab6637 2/2: ; * doc/lispref/display.texi (Image Descriptors): Insert missing text.
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 21:58:20 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>> Cc: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 21:18:44 +0800

>> > Agreed.  Po Lu, can you please fix that text?
>>
>> Is it "according as XXX or YYY" that is incomprehensible to both of you,
>> or just the punctuation?
>
> The entire paragraph is incomprehensible.  I simply don't understand
> what you wanted to say there.  Perhaps explain it in simple words, and
> then I will be able to suggest how to rephrase.

How's this?

Alternatively, the symbol @code{default} may be specified, indicating
that the image should be scaled in one of two ways, selected by the
value of the @code{image-scaling-factor} variable.  This value is either
a number providing a constant scale factor, or the default, @code{auto},
in which case the image will be scaled in proportion to the average
widths (@pxref{Low-Level Font}) of the default faces of frames on which
it is displayed and where this default width exceeds @code{10} pixels.
If no other value is provided, @code{create-image} will specify
@code{default} in image specifications it creates.