Re: master a739cab6637 2/2: ; * doc/lispref/display.texi (Image Descript

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master a739cab6637 2/2: ; * doc/lispref/display.texi (Image Descriptors): Insert missing text.
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2024 16:50:55 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> So this means at least on Windows, where the default font's width is
> 8, the image will never be scaled in "emacs -Q", am I right?
>
> I think on macOS the default width is 7, so the same will happen there
> as well?
>
> What is the default width of the font on GNU/Linux?

8, though all this is only true when there is no display scale
configured, even on MS-Windows, correct?  This code isn't supposed to
activate when the display density isn't so high as to require font
scaling, and in the other case the default font width will be scaled
beyond 10 pixels.

> And finally, can you tell more about how the scale factor is computed
> "based on the font's pixel size"?  Or point me to the code which does
> that?  I think some of that should be in the manual, to give the users
> some idea of what will happen.

See line 2699 of image.c.