Re: master 5f9b5803bea: Fix zooming images in SHR

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: master 5f9b5803bea: Fix zooming images in SHR
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 15:13:36 -0700

On 6/23/2024 12:23 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Thanks, but the test fails for me on MS-Windows:

   Test shr-test/zoom-image condition:
       Info: image with alt=nil
       (error "timed out waiting for condition")
      FAILED  3/4  shr-test/zoom-image (5.053704 sec) at
lisp/net/shr-tests.el:136

(The other test failed as well, but I fixed it.)

Frankly, I have no idea why it fails, because I only vaguely
understand the idea of the test.  Feel free to ask questions or
suggests what to test.

Could you try commenting out the "(inhibit-message t)" line in the test and rerunning it? My guess is that on MS-Windows, something goes wrong when inserting the image into the buffer, so 'shr-zoom-image' can't find the image. (For reasons I'm not sure about, when 'shr-zoom-image' fails to find an image, it just prints a message instead of signaling an error.)