emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Keeping this mailing list on-topic.

From: Edgar Vincent
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:20:06 +0000

Hello Bastien, hello everyone,

While I understand that off-topic subjects may be annoying to subscribers,
I tend to agree with Bastien, especially given the fact that the traffic on the
list
is very low.

This is the reason why I answered the email about Zizek: I am interested not
only
in using Emacs in the context of the humanities, but also in other people using
it said context.
I assume that most people using Emacs are IT professionals, and few of us
have a background in the humanities or the social sciences. This list can thus
serve as
as gathering point for this small minority of users.

Perhaps there could be another list called “emacs-humanities-offtopic”? I don’t
know
what the general policy is.

Wishing you all a nice weekend,

Edgar Vincent