[O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export

From: Bastien
Subject: [O] Re: unnumbered subsections in latex export
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:40:39 +0200

Hi Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> I pulled the master branch with an intention to "re-baseline" my branch
> and I saw some 37 lines were changed since I "branched" out my odt
> branch. My heart just sinked.
>
> A request from my side. Would it be possible to delay adding of new
> capabilities and features to org-html.el till a decision on my proposed
> patch is made. This would considerably reduce merging effort on my side.

I hear you.

I suggest me (and possibly others) stop adding changes to org-html.el
until sunday 3th of april.  Be reassured I will help fixing possible
conflicts.

I have been in a similar situation with Julien's big changes about
org-agenda-format-item (just before 7.5): he had a complicate patch that
required a lot of attention/testing from my side and any change I wanted
to commit to org-agenda.el for other reasons would make his life harder.

I can think of two solutions:

1. freezing changes till I can spend enough time merging the big patch;

2. breaking down the big change into small meaningful changes that I (or
   others) can review *easily*.

I know you've been working very hard to find a solution as close as
possible to solution (2) -- thanks a lot for that.  Let's switch to the
(1) solution right now.

Best,

PS: As I said in a previous email, I wasn't available as much as I
wanted the last two weeks for personal reasons, and I'm working on
arranging my schedule right now.

--
 Bastien