Re: text after sub headings?

From: Robert Nikander
Subject: Re: text after sub headings?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 16:21:42 -0500

Max Nikulin wrote:
> Have you seen the following and links therein?
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#closing-outline-sections

No, I hadn't found that. Thanks. Those links answer my question.

Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
> It is an interesting question; however, I would say that this is not a
> useful or realistic structure. Regardless of the Org trees/subtrees and
> their folding ability (indicating that each thing is at a certain
> level), I think that a content will be more useful and intelligible if
> […]

I see your point.

Maybe it depends on how you use org-mode and how you imagine the meaning of the
"*" items. I see some disagreement about this in the old threads that Max
linked to. No need to rehash it deeply here again; I was just curious.

The way I'm using org-mode so far, I'm not exporting to other formats, and I
can see a use for collapsible sections in the middle of a larger chunk of text.
I can already kind of do it with a "-" list item, like this. (Or other things
like code blocks, etc)

* Heading
Top Text
Top Text
- Sub
  This can be hidden if I hit 'tab' key on "Sub".
More Top Text
More Top Text

If you view a "*" item as "book section", it's confusing. But if you view a "*"
item as "collapsible thing", then it makes more sense.