Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Scheduled tasks not carried forward...

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Scheduled tasks not carried forward...
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 20:56:37 -0800

On Dec 2, 2004, at 2:39 PM, Sacha Chua wrote:

It's probably not a good idea to use hierarchical tasks on your day
pages, as planner can't preserve structure carrying tasks forward.

Ok, I actually was only doing the organizing on (non-day) plan pages. I think I'm not quite understanding how the carry tasks forward stuff works. Does it only search the last few day pages or does it also scan plan pages (for scheduled tasks).

After thinking about it some and reading some other posts on how folks are using planner, I'm not even sure I would want it to carry those tasks forward. I think it will make more sense as I use planner more to use undated tasks in plan pages... and then figure out one of the recent hacks for getting a summary of things left to do ;-)

Anyhow, thanks again for your work on planner. I'm enjoying it and appreciate what a helpful environment this list is.

+ seth