[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Scheduled tasks not carried forward...

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Scheduled tasks not carried forward...
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:39:16 +0900

Seth Falcon <address@hidden> writes:

> I just started organizing the tasks on some plan pages hierarchically
> as mentioned here:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeMethods
> Scheduled tasks that land below an outline heading are not carried
> forward to my day page.  Is that the intended behavior?

It's probably not a good idea to use hierarchical tasks on your day
pages, as planner can't preserve structure carrying tasks forward. It
leaves your plan pages in the configuration you want, though. The best
way to do hierarchical tasks seems to be to use whatever you want to
organize them into a hierarchy in your plan page (non-day page),
then C-c C-c (planner-copy-or-move-task) them to days to have a copy on
your day page.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed