Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el with-planner and cl

From: Mark Triggs
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el with-planner and cl
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:01:44 +1100

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Mark Triggs <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The version of planner I have doesn't seem to use (declare ...) in any
>> of its own macros.  Is `with-current-buffer' definitely the place it's
>> turning up?
>
> Actually, it's in with-planner in dev.
>
> Given that non-cl use of declare is a CVSism, should I just remove it
> and leave people to flounder helplessly when edebugging?

It looks like defmacro just passes the declare form straight to a
function called `macro-declaration-function', so maybe planner could
just invoke this directly?  Perhaps something like:

  (defmacro with-planner (...)
    ...)

  (eval-when-compile
    (when (fboundp 'macro-declaration-function)
      (macro-declaration-function 'with-planner '(declare (debug t)))))

That *seems* to work for me :o)

Mark

--
Mark Triggs