[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el with-planner and cl

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el with-planner and cl
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:13:22 +0800

sf writes:

> I think planner.el requires 'cl because of the use of "declare".
> I've seen "... void ..." messages when I am not using planner and
> packages requiring cl, too.

Hmm. That's odd. C-h f with-current-buffer has

(defmacro with-current-buffer (buffer &rest body)
  "Execute the forms in BODY with BUFFER as the current buffer.
The value returned is the value of the last form in BODY.
See also `with-temp-buffer'."
  (declare (indent 1) (debug t))
  `(save-current-buffer
     (set-buffer ,buffer)
     ,@body))

from subr.el, which doesn't mention cl. However, declare is defined in
cl. Any macro gurus around? Help! It would be nice to still be able to
debug statements wrapped in with-planner and stuff like that. =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed