[emms-help] Re: What about a release?

From: Lucas Bonnet
Subject: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:39:47 +0200

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> writes:

> The change is from V2-or-later to V3-or-later, not to V3-only.

So this means "no longer under v2 at all", right? That was my concern,
talking about freedom of users and all, and removing them from the right
to use the V2 license :) Please note that I have nothing against the GPL
V3 per se, but since I gave away my copyright with "V2 or later", I was
expecting "V2, V3 or later".

>  In either case, the decision to update the license is up to the FSF,
> not the project developers.

That's right, it was just a matter of principle anyway, since I sold my
soul to the FSF.

I feel like I'm the only one bitching about this, right now; what do the
other EMMS developers think?

--
Lucas