fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Calling Fabric from Python

From: Xavier Ordoquy
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Calling Fabric from Python
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:26:19 +0200

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have already read the documentation but might have missed or
didn't understood something.

Currently, my biggest issue is:

>>> from fabric.api import env, run
>>> env.user = 'root'
>>> env.hosts = ['whatever',]
>>> env.host = 'whatever'
>>> def test():
...     run('uname -a')
>>> test()
No hosts found. Please specify (single) host string for connection:

If I put that in a fabfile.py and run a fab test it will work.

Regards,
Xavier.