fab-user

[Fab-user] Catching errors in local calls

From: David
Subject: [Fab-user] Catching errors in local calls
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:33:24 +0900

Hi,

I am using fabric for some simple test deployment scripts, and I have encountered a slightly annoying behavior when local(some_cmd) fails. In that case, the output of local is not displayed, making debugging the issue a bit difficult.

Is there a way to disable abort and catch exception on errors to deal with them ? I understand I could use debug printing, but if possible, I would like to *always* get that output, but *only* in case of failure.

cheers,

David