fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Catching errors in local calls

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Catching errors in local calls
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:22:09 -0400

Hi David,

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:33 AM, David <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am using fabric for some simple test deployment scripts, and I have
> encountered a slightly annoying behavior when local(some_cmd) fails. In that
> case, the output of local is not displayed, making debugging the issue a bit
> difficult.

I'm not sure what your exact code structure is (it's usually helpful
to include at least a small snippet when posting ;)) but if you're not
specifying capture=False, local() captures the output by default,
instead of displaying it:

http://docs.fabfile.org/0.9.2/api/core/operations.html#fabric.operations.local

Best,
Jeff