fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] fabric.api missing from module index.

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] fabric.api missing from module index.
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:51:49 -0800

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Jorge Vargas <address@hidden> wrote:

> However
> since you do that while looking at the docs you will need to figure
> out in which package the actual function is. Which basically means
> clicking every link in
> http://fabric.readthedocs.org/en/1.3.3/index.html#core-api and
> scouting for hte function you actually need, specially if you are
> new/don't remember well the exact name of each function.

OK, I see what you mean. I agree it's a problem and it's actually
bugged me for a while. I just updated ticket #104 to explicitly
reference this problem (namely, the toctree on the docs index page
should really be updated with full or partial lists of the functions
within -- as-is it's a crapshoot like you mentioned.)

    https://github.com/fabric/fabric/issues/104

Until that is solved, note that you *can* always use the Sphinx built
in module search -- it's there for this reason, if far from perfect
(esp. for simply-named functions that are also English words.)

There's also the builtin index (linked in top right of most pages):

    http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.3.3/genindex.html

Thanks,
Jeff