Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid Synth CC1 Tremolo

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid Synth CC1 Tremolo
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 07:36:25 +0200

> four instances are around four times faster than one instance would be

Four instances are pretty much four times more wasteful on resources
than a single instance. The synth has a built-in parallel renderer,
you just need to use it:

fluid_settings_setint(settings, "synth.cpu-cores", 4);

> Also each instance of FS provides one stereo output, so four instances can
> provide up to four stereo outputs.

That's not a reason either as the synth supports multi-channel
rendering. Sorry, I think you should not claim to understand the
synth.

> so I have no need to update to V2. V2 uses a whole host of extra .dll's

The "host of dlls" strongly depends on the environment used for
compilation. That said, V2 does not have any extra dependencies!

>  and, as far as I can tell, provides no useful extra functionality for an
> organ.

V2 provides (completely useless) bug fixes for an organ. V1.1.8 could
crash your entire app...

Tom