Re: [fluid-dev] [ fluid-dev ] How to set up mpe like behaviour?

From: Muziker Mammoth
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] [ fluid-dev ] How to set up mpe like behaviour?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 15:20:41 +0800

As an addendum, the reason it seemed like pitch bend was being ignored, was the pitch_bend_range wasn't set. Just in case anyone wants to try it.

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 3:18 PM Muziker Mammoth <muzikermammoth@gmail.com> wrote:

>basic channels concepts are different things that pitch bend MIDI messages. So it is useless to set any fluidsynth MIDI channel in basic channel mode 3.

I was testing out different sets of modes to the channels because when fluidsynth receives midi notes on even channels, the audio is louder than on odd channels. It also plays two notes even though only one gets sent. I felt if the channel was in monophonic mode with omni off or some other combination, that might help.

In the end i altered my midi+pitchbend implementation to only send data to even channels, and it seems to be working. But you're saying i can do this: setbasicchannels 0 0 16, for all channels? And it would primarily be similar to  setbasicchannels 0 3 1, for all channels?

mmoth